Tuesday, May 15, 2012

6 Month Bloggiversary

Hey Pink Nerds,
Like my friend Emma, (check out her blog at Inflatable Furniture and Bubble Wrap) I missed my 6 month bloggiversary by 3 days. I made this blog the same day as Emma did (November 12th 2011) but back then, it wasn't called 'Confessions of a Pink Nerdy Life'. Originally, it was just 'Happiness & Heartbreak', then I changed it to 'The Song of my Life' and finally I chose 'Confessions of a Pink Nerdy Life', the name I have stuck with for about 4 months. Thanks so much for all the pageviews guys! As I write this, I have 1, 881 pageviews discluding my own! My top post, 'Beauty Obsession with 1950's Hair' has received over 150 pageviews and I have readers from all around the world. Canada has been my main source of readers but over the months, the US has become a growing supporter. Also, a shout out to Russia, United Kingdom, Germany, Ukraine, Australia, the Philippines and anyone from anywhere reading this right now. I love you all!!! Also, I know that barely anyone has Google+ but I made a Google+ page for Confessions of a Pink Nerdy Life so PLEASE check it out at Confessions of a Pink Nerdy Life on Google+

Anyway, now for my special Bloggiversary post. I have a lot planned for this post but first, I'd like to share the most amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe. It is not mine unfortunately, it is from the Mrs.Fields Cookie Book but if you ask Olivia, Emma or anyone else who's had them (those are the ones I give you guys on Christmas) they will tell you that they are epic.

Blue-Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
21/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips

Yield: 31/2 dozen

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 300* Fahrenheit
-In medium bowl, combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with wire whisk. Set aside.
-In a large bowl with an electric mixer blend sugars at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix at medium speed until just blended. Do not overmix.
-Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed until just mixed. Do not overmix.
-Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 22-24 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer cookies immediately to a cool surface with a spatula.

TADA! Now you have totally delish cookies to enjoy while you read the rest of this post :P

Okay, so next I want to share some of my very most favouritestestest songs...

My Favouritestestest Songs (Not REALLY in order...)
#1 All We Know - Paramore
#2 Bangarang - Skrillex
#3 Rumor Has It/Someone Like You - Glee Cast Version
#4 Turning Tables - Adele
#5 Reptile's Theme - Skrillex
#6 Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
#7 Teenagers - My Chemical Romance
#8 Candy Man - Glee Cast Version
#9 F(orget) You - Cee Lo Green
#10 Right On Time - Skrillex

Please look some of them up! I hope you like at least a few of them *crosses fingers*

Also, I'm really sorry to everyone who voted on the Talent Show Songs poll but I decided not to sing Turning Tables. They said you aren't likely to get in with solos so I'm probably going to do Rumour Has It/Someone Like You - Glee Cast Version with a bunch of girls from my school. Sorry! But PLEASE wish me luck :D

Okay, so now I have to go do the dreaded homework... blech :/

Luv Ya,
Meaghan ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment